In my last post I discussed who my favorite sports teams are, and I admitted that I will have a slight bias for them. But I didn't really explain why these are my favorite teams, so I want to take a little time to explain how I chose my favorite sports teams and the story that goes along with them. Ill start off first with my favorite team in my favorite sport, The Green Bay Packers. They're the team I've been following the longest and the team I follow most intently.
I've been a Packers fan ever since I was about 5 years old, up until then I like the Raiders. I liked Oakland because both of my parents were Raiders fans and every Sunday we all spent a few hours watching them play. That was until one day when the game was on the same time as my favorite TV show, Dragonball Z. We only had one TV in the house and so my dad said we were going to watch the game and he made it clear that it wasn't up for discussion. They were playing The Green Bay packers, and I never wanted a team to beat the raiders so bad, all because they were the reason I couldn't watch cartoons. Well the day before the game, the Quarterback for the Packers (Brett Favre) father had died, and he decided to take his frustrations out on that poor Oakland defense. Favre threw for 6 touchdowns and over 3 hundred yards en route to a dominating victory. Ever since that day I've called the Packers my favorite team.
No comments:
Post a Comment