Tonight I will have to watch the Los Angeles Lakers take on the Cleveland Cavaliers. This game is not a marquee match up as far as record or playoffs is concerned, but rather about two specific players. I am of course talking about the final game between Kobe Bryant and LeBron James. I chose this game over some of the college games on tonight because of who these players are. Both have dominated the NBA for the whole of their careers and neither have really seen a dip in performance except for last year when Kobe played the whole season injured. this will be 100% the last time these two legends face off on the hardwood in an NBA game since Bryant announced his retirement.
This one-on-one match up is more interesting than most are between two superstars however. These two have been compared to one another for as long as both have dominated the league, almost two decades. Both skipped college, and were drafted first overall in the NBA draft straight out of high school, and both were predicted to be either a superstar or a bust. They have the same build, both weighing in at 240 plus pounds and sizing up at about 6'8. They both are offensive juggernauts who are more than capable of taking over a game completely if need be to get the win. Its because of these measurables and statistics that I chose to pick this game for my blog.

No comments:
Post a Comment